Wild Oats and Aprons Girl

Wild Oats and Aprons Girl
"Learn How to Use Whole Grains Everyday"

CALENDAR

(No Classes Currently Scheduled)



Classes are $25 each,
about two hours long, Arlington, WA area.

To reserve a seat and get directions,
EMAIL:
wildoatsandaprons@gmail.com

or leave a msg at
425-971-2265 (email is preferred, so that I can send directions and confirmation)

For complete class descriptions, see website:
www.wildoatsandaprons.com, and click on 'Classes'

*CHECK BACK OFTEN, AS CLASSES MAY BE ADDED WITHIN A MONTH.

**Contact me for the possibility of having a class at your site, with your group.



******ABOUT******

How do you make whole grains as accessible, fast, and craving-good as your favorite restaurant food? Good news; I've got about a million ways. Consider these classes and instruction your own personal Kennedy Space Center, launching you on your own fun journey with whole grains. You will be amazed at how easy and super tasty whole grains can be, and how many ideas will come to you, once you start out. In fact, it would be my best compliment if YOU became better than me, coming up with multiple ideas of your own.

Some have asked me about the glamour girl logo, if I think its a likeness of me.

Good grief, no! She's a "bread babe", and me, at age 45, could be considered more of a 'bread broad'--but don't call me that. That would make me feel all unhappy inside. We both have blond hair and blue eyes, and we both smile a lot, but thats where the likeness ends. (Btw, the wild oats girl, as well as my website, were designed by my incredibly talented niece. Check out her work:http://www.kikiandsquishy.com/chris/info.html

Still, is "bread babe" too cutie-pie for representing whole grain living? I know, right? When you think of whole grains, don't you picture unshaven legs, no make-up, no style? Ha! That was so last decade. You and I are going to make whole grains CHIC! Whole grain dishes will be soon fought over at potlucks, for sure. The Wild Oats and Aprons Bread Babe represents YOU, the customer: smart, chic, happy, super cool.

Yeah! Run with it.

Tanna Mosalsky

Tanna Mosalsky

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well, Mom is a survivor, and she is still with us. (I think we, her children, really need all this advance notice, so to be able to let her go when the time actually does come.)

In my mind, I've been running through all the many things she has done for me. Her cooking, using whole grains and beans, was excellent, but fairly lost on me while I was growing up. I wanted Wonder bread bologna sandwiches and Pringles, like all my friends.

So, as soon as I grew up and moved out of the house, I lived out that dream, of eating the way I thought the rest of the world was living life. I immediately put on pounds. Not a Freshman 15, but a hefty 50! And felt terrible. My Mom kindly mentioned I looked a little chubby just around my cheeks, but in my heart, I knew ALL my cheeks were chubby.

When I finally got my act together, my patient Mom mailed me all her recipes, and whoosh, I dropped all the weight, without any effort at all. And I felt very satisfied, not deprived. This was the life, eating great. Thanks, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment